Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Sata abandons impeachment claims RB

President Rupiah Banda says Patriotic Front (PF) leader, Michael Sata has abandoned plans to impeach him through Parliament because he has realised it cannot work.

But reacting to the story Sata said he was busy campaigning in Chitambo and did not know how far the lawyer who is handling the matter had gone in preparing the impeachment motion.

Addressing a rally in Chitambo August 3, Banda said he had received reliable information that Sata had abandoned the plan and he thanked him for the decision.
He received a report from his ministers that Sata decided to abandon the planned impeachment.

“I knew that the impeachment move was not going to succeed because it lacked merit. Besides, I am superior in Parliament because of the numbers,” he said adding that politics of hate should be discarded.

“This is how Zambians should proceed, I have no hate for Sata as I consider him a crazy cousin of mine. He is my cousin, so I can even insult him. This cousinship stems from our ancestors, that is why I say he is crazy,” Banda said.

The president said he expected Sata to attend his funeral in an event of death and he would do the same if the same catastrophe befell the PF leader.

“Everywhere one goes, tribes have got cousins who they joke with, help resolve problems with and that is why I asked not to join our cousinship,” Banda said.

He looked forward to defeating Sata in the forthcoming Kasama Central parliamentary by-election.

0 comments:

Post a Comment